Sunday, January 07, 2007

Back to Savannah, GA

I made it back to Savannah last night around 8:30 pm or so. I left at 9am from Churchville and ran into a huge traffic jam right after the tunnel. I ended up turning around and getting on 295. I hit another back-up on 495. I was going to stop and see my friend Chris in Richmond, but I totally missed the exit and ended up calling him when I was too far south to turn around :( Sad. I was hoping to stop and have lunch with an RIT pal.

I did have issues leaving Maryland. I just did not want to go. My stomach was in knots and I felt like I was tearing myself away from where I belong. I never had a problem going back to Rochester when it was time. I hated snow and always left early to avoid a blizzard, but I loved my friends and the school. SCAD just doesn't do it for me. I'm glad that I will be finished in 6 months. I'm ready to find myself again. I am excited about the classes I have coming up, don't get me wrong.. but there is a lot missing in my life here. I am feeling that void.

Overall the break from school was a long one. I worked hard at the Byrd Cookie Company doing some "graphic design," answering phones, and packing boxes. I enjoyed the work environment other than having a co-worker steal my tuna fish! I don't think someone has ever stolen my lunch before. A few weeks into working there, two of my best friends came to visit me. I can't even express how much fun I had with them. It made me realize what I am missing out on, so one of my goals is to really enjoy myself more. After they left I worked for another week and headed home with a box full of cookies. Christmas was good. I spent time with my family.. both sides! My Indian cousins and I enjoyed a game of BS, and my grandmother yelled at me for cutting the ham incorrectly. I think the best useful gift I received was ink for my printer. I really like the necklace and earrings my aunt gave me :) She knows what I like. Amy gave me some really nice chocolates and Bath and Body soaps. I got a lot of cash too.. wonderful for a poor student! Ha! My mom and I went shopping after xmas and she got me a really nice ring and necklace :)

After Christmas.. .. Alex and I went on a walking tour of DC. I was the tour guide. I realized how much I miss DC. It was fantastic being back. We went by the GPO...I didn't go inside, but instead met some old co-workers at ABP. I gave Cheryl her scarf and saw Jamie, John, Nick, and Dean. Alex and I went to the Botanic Gardens, and the Natural History Museum to see the photo exhibits. We saw the National Tree, and then got a tour of XM Radio from one of Alex's friends. Dinner that night was at the Thai place in Silver Spring, and after the drive back to Towson we watched Little Miss Sunshine :) I had so much fun :) Thanks bubblegum.

Juggling was fantastic! John and Amy and I did a three-count triangle. I fed 3 count :) We had so much fun. Reuben showed up to watch, and my grandmother was also there watching. The coolest part of the night was a 7 person ball passing pattern. Five Three-ball patterns combined.. I can't explain. Look on my flickr site for a photo.

New Year's Eve I spent with Amy. We went to the movies and saw The Good Shephard. After the movie we had dinner and DuClaws and talked until the place closed. I made it home in time for the neighborhood party at the Kochers.

After that things were a blur... Patrick got engaged! I organized a meeting of the old Goucher Way crew at Chili's in Bel Air. It's hard to believe two of my friends are already married and now another engaged. Who will be next? Ha!

I knitted a scarf for my mom, and bought yarn to start Jared's red scarf.

The fog prevented me from going to see someone I really wanted to see. Things between us seem rocky now. I hope that changes. I would write more... but I don't know who reads this.

The drive was long... LONG! I fell asleep right after I got home. It smells like swamp. Today I went to school, verified my ID.. saw Kelly :) and got some shopping done. Afterwards I made a web site for my dad. It's 75 degrees and humid. My AC is on now to get rid of that.

I made pancakes for dinner.

OK.. that's all.

No comments: