Monday, January 15, 2007

Martin Luther King Jr. Day

This morning I woke up and went to the MLK Jr. Parade here in Savannah, GA. I was an hour early because I thought I'd have a hard time parking. Somehow I found a spot at O House and walked around for an hour looking at buildings and enjoying the warm day. How weird is it for it to be 80 degrees in January?

Anyway, the parade was nice. It was long. It started at 10am and went until 2pm. I left before it ended. The floats were mainly of different local churches. I enjoyed the high school bands the most. I am starting to wonder if I can find band music to run to. I love drums.

I took a lot of photos and even saw two other photo students at the parade. I was not that inspired to take photos. I felt like I wanted to just sit back and observe the southern charm.
I have yet to look at my photos, but I think they will be nice to have none-the-less.

I keep feeling like my time here is limited. I really want to take a lot of images of Savannah so I can have them for when I leave.

I went to work after the parade. There was nothing to do there, but cut paper and my neck/shoulder/arm is very aggravated from the repetitiveness of cutting. It hurts so bad I feel like I could cry :( I don't even think I can knit. I'm going to lay on the floor once I stop typing and try and make it relax. My hand is tingling now.

I watched part of a movie with Katie Holmes and this HOT secret service man who fell in love with her. I'm jealous. I hope I fall in love one day and that it's such an amazing thing. For now, I am concentrating on school. I am trying to learn why I like to take photos and how I attach myself to them emotionally.

My documentary project is hopefully starting to form. I am going to start documenting Oatland Island. I called there today and will have to call tomorrow to speak with the director. It should be a great project. I am totally excited.

I need to start doing some research on some artists. But actually maybe I'll go get the mail and see if my amazon order of books has arrived.

I spoke to Max last night. I like talking to Max.

No comments: